View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 07:32 PM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
First, I have a long bed truck. I selected a long bed truck for many reasons, all of which turned out to be the right decision. So, I've never used a slider hitch before, but I do have a very strong opinion on this subject though.

First, you paid or are financing a small fortune for your camper. When you stepped up to a Montana, if that be a High Country, or a Montana, either way, you stepped up to the big league.

Now that you have invested, or will be investing twice what the original selling price was if you financed it over time, why do you want to short change yourself and cut corners now?

You sound like getting a different, heftier truck is not an option. So with that, then don't short change yourself by not having proper equipment, just to save a few pennies now.

IT'S BETTER TO HAVE "IT" AND NOT NEED "IT" THAN TO NOT HAVE IT AND FIND OUT AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME THAT YOU REALLY NEEDED IT AFTER ALL. (I'm not shouting here, I'm making a strong emphasis!)

Really, you may think you may never need a slider hitch. BUT! the ONE time you do, all the investment you made for it will be more than well worth it.

I have 2 pick-up trucks. Both have 4x4. Do I use 4x4 all the time? No, absolutely not. Did I waste my money getting 4x4 on both trucks! Absolutely not. Because when winter snow hits and we're buried in because our county road hasn't been plowed, the 4x4 is beyond priceless!

If you absolutely cannot afford another truck so a slider hitch is not even a consideration, than at least make your current equipment updated to suite any situation you may find yourself in. You will never, never regret it when you realize if you didn't have it, you would have really been in a jam.

If you travel with your trailer, and not have the trailer sitting on a permanent or a season site, you will find yourself in situations. Be prepared! You'll never regret it.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote