View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 05:52 AM   #89
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
I'll stand with Lynwood and Jeff.

First of all I'm an American first and a vet second so have something in this. I grew up with the morning Pledge, sang America the Beautiful as well as the national anthem. This guy, Ryan Andersen has the audacity to deface one of our beautiful national treasures then pays a paltry few bucks that probably is a part of his walk aroud pocket change.

Will I buy a product that says Andersen Hitches on it? Not a chance will I 'donate' whatever little of that which might go into his pay. Our 5er doesn't have self leveling - so instead of carrying half a tree around this year, I bought a set of drive on levelers. Yes, there is an alternative to those fragile Andersen's, called Beech Lane - and they are super strong.

Andersen's employees - teah, they could suffer if others like me stood the line. That's an unfortunate fact of labor anywhere in the world, having been 'downsized' more then once by economics. It hurts but not for long if you have marketable skills, labor and management.

I like my 140 pound B&W hitch. I have zero problem installing that two piece (70 lbs each) or removing it at my late 70s age. That hitch has given me zero problems and I'm not afraid of an way off camber moves or an emergency stop that has failed more then several Andersens.

Like your Andersen? Great! Your choice. You wont ever see one in my truck.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package