View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 03:56 PM   #2
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
The wiz bang "service writer" at Burlington, WA CW quoted us a price to install. Once the install began the service people tried to add labor for removing the shelves, installing the vent. All of which I told them was part of installing. You wan the pan. They cracked the front edge of mine off and then tried to silicone it back on. The hold down brackets were not used merely placed a screw on an angle at the corner of the dryer so that the removable front trim piece will not install properly. At the end of the install the "service writer" told me he would be forced to pay for the additional hours since I would not. My point is if you can do it yourself...do it. You will save yourselft some money and you will certainly take more care in getting it right no matter how many times it takes you to get there. If your CW is known to you to have a good reputation the sale price for installation is pretty good. I had pretty good previous experience with that CW and the sale price is what got me to thinking it was a no brainer. The results did not hit the mark for satisfaction.

Don't assume anything when it comes to Keystone. The sticker is supposed to be a good spot to drill. Easy trick is to look at the outside walls on a chilly morning and you can see exactly where the studs are, then drill your pilot and follow up with the hole saw. The shelves are a personal thing. I would keep them and not use the stacking bracket.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote