Thread: Solar panels
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 09:05 AM   #11
EricHarmon
Established Member

M.O.C. #19325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudchief View Post
There are no silly questions on this forum. This is where you come to learn. Our unit will run everything on solar even the AC for about 5 hours. However for your trip to Alaska what you need is 4 6 volts batteries a good inverter and a Honda 2000 generator to charge up your batteries. Unless you stay off the grid like we do you don't need to invest in solar.
Mudchief, I'd love a bit more info if you could. I'm on Camping World's web site (only for search capability; not because I'm buying anything any time soon!). I can't figure out if the inverter is built into the generator? I did a search for Honda 2000 and it almost seems like some say they're Inverter generators, though I may not be understanding correctly. I also didn't find a single 6 volt battery (though maybe they simply don't sell them there, I suppose).

I'm seeing a Honda 2000iA generator (as well as a 2200iA so I'm guessing that's the same but just slightly beefier). Is the inverter part of the generator? I'm also seeing sine wave inverters from other companies. I'm totally lost here; I want to do some reading on some recommended products to learn how these pieces fit together and how they operate.

So I guess what I'm asking, if it's not too much trouble, is can you specify the model of the Honda that you'd say is good? As well as a good inverter? And I'll do an Amazon search for 6 volt Lithium RV batteries :-)

Thank you so much in advance...

-Eric
EricHarmon is offline   Reply With Quote