View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #25
Briarglenn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6613
I'm new to the game, but am a full timer. We had a full size Webber at home that I loved. The 3 burner set up allowed me to grill a lot of food at a good temperature. I'm prejudice and so are my friends, but we thought the food was decent.

When we went on the road we bought a Coleman with all the various grill, griddle and burner combinations along with the rolling case bag. Used for 6 months and gave it to my son and his family. Liked it, but did not love it. I couldn't do "beer can chicken" or slow cook on it. It definitely has all of the positive features of the previous owner's but it didn't meet our needs.

I went to a "Lowe's Home Improvement Center," and found a nice heavy duty table top grill that I can cook for at least 4 and with the wife's help on keeping the food warm can serve 6 off of the grill. The main thing that really bother me about the Coleman was there are no cooking methods (books) out there. It cooked extremely fast, but then I was told it wasn't made for the top to be closed. I prefer slow cooking as to burning my meat, fowl or fish.

Anyway, that's my $0.10 view.

Take care and may the road be safe.
Briarglenn is offline   Reply With Quote