View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
By the above post I take it that you have read up on all the pros, which are numerous, with very few, if any, cons about the SuperGlide. This cannot be said about ANY manual slider.

Having said that may I suggest that you contact your RV dealer and ask him to throw in the difference in cost between the Reese and the SuperGlide. The worst he can say is no. If that be the case than I would still persue him in working with you on the installation cost.
BUT, IMHO, regardless of whether or not the dealer is willing to work with you I would still get the SuperGlide.
Keep one thing in mind that SuperGlide, properly maintained, will last for many years and would be capable of pulling any 5er you may aquire after you have worn out or tired of your Monty. My original 2003 SuperGlide used to tow my 04 2955 is the same SuperGlide I currently use to tow my 07 3485. It is nearly 5 years old and works the same as it did when it was brand new.
Also note that every year I have taken my SuperGlide back to PullRire in Indiana and every year PullRite has gone over it 100% and made any repairs or adjustments absloutely free of charge. This included replacing the hitch assembly even though the damage was something that I caused myself.
Dave, Being from Ohio, a yearly trip to PullRite should be simple for you. You can even include that PullRite visit with the Fall MOC Rally which is held each year just 30 minutes from PullRite.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote