View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 12:55 AM   #18
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I've had both. My hitch weight and the weight of the hitch itself is over 3700 pounds. I also carry extra 60 gals. of fuel. There is no way i could safely carry this much weight in the bed of a srw. If i could then i would. I've traveled i-80 west with srw and drw and couldn't feel any difference in stability. Both held the road very good. I've said this many times and i'll say it again. If you don't weigh then you don't know. Let the scales dictate what you use to pull your RV and not all the comments that have been made countless times on this subject. As for your comment Bob about should you replace the other tire if one of your dual wheels has a blow-out, i would on account of the sudden weight added to the surviving tire. I don't think this would be any different than it happening on your RV. If one of the duals had a slow leak and the weight shifted to the other tire slowly then i would see just how old the surviving tire was and how much tread it had before making that decision.Of course many times the faulty tire leaks down slowly which adds weight to the other tire slowly but when having a blow-out we don't know if the tire had 80# of air or 30# if we don't have tpms on the tire.