View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 05:54 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I didn't mention the other Chula Vista rv park. It's the San Diego KOA, which is in Chula Vista. It's close to two freeways but didn't seem too noisy when we drove through. Lots of kids running around. I like kids but not when they're running loose. We came very close to hitting one youngster who rode his bike out from between two closely packed trailers and smack in front of us. If I had been going more than 5 to 10 mph I would have hit him. It's a nice park, especially if you have kids, but for us I just wanted more peace and quiet. To each his own, though.

One thing we really liked was the privacy we had at Bernardo Shores. We had seven foot hedges (very thick) on three sides, a nice brick (concrete?) patio, and a concrete slab for the house. We could sit out under the awning and see nobody else. We could see our neighbor's trailer, the top half anyhow. However, this park is one of the four times I had to use the slider to get into the sites. The roads are narrow and the hedges go right to the road. It wasn't a problem once a neighbor gave me a hint how to jackknife the Montana onto the slab. With his instruction it was a piece of cake.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote