View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 06:35 PM   #13
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
....I watched a couple of Scwhintek videos and the motor needs to come up and out from the inside right? However the exterior keeper screw is engaged on the motor and will not let it pop up. You suspect the motor is probably toast anyway. Might be time for some semi-destructive techniques. What if you try to get a crow bar underneath the motor on the inside and see if you can overcome/bend/break the outer screw lifting the motor up so that you can remove it?.....
I suspect there are things there "..that don't respond well to gunshots/crowbars..." (ref: Red October). Shearing off or bending the screw is fine if it doesn't affect the "H" frame. That is a pretty critical piece. There are 4 slots in the motor and the retaining screw uses whatever one is available to keep the motor from rotating. It might be possible come in through the opposite hole (inside the RV) and grind down the screw to allow the motor to be lifted. A Dremel cutting tool might be another option to cut the motor in half. A less invasive approach is a trick rust cutter Aero Kroil (think of PB Blaster on steroids) to dissolve the rust enough to allow the motor to rotate. That treatment has been started. I am sure it will take a couple of doses.

Unfortunately, my time in Seattle has ended and resolution is my son's problem. Well at least until my next trip up there.

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep 'em coming as I forward them to my son to consider.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote