View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 03:47 PM   #11
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
Since I have seen the aftermath of my following warning ... I'd like to draw focus to something all following this thread should understand. DFB has contributed to 2 separate topics concerning slides and adjustments about what he sees first hand. He's pointed out twice about loose bolts on the cylinder end of his hydraulic rams in the underbelly, not the rod (adjustment) end of the rams. The adjustment end of the rams have large nuts and alot of threads showing in a normal state. DO NOT TIGHTEN THE LARGE NUTS AGAINST BOTH SIDES OF THE BRACKET THE HYDRAULIC RAM ATTACHES TO UNDER THE SLIDE. The cylinders have more travel than the slide itself does, so that's why there is say an inch of threads showing ... to absorb this extra travel and to allow for slide adjustment. Hydraulics are powerful and you will break something expensive should you decide those large nuts are loose. Read the adjustment manual carefully.
There is to be 2 to 3 inches between bracket an the ram ... these are the inner lock nuts..

Thanks diesel guy!
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote