Thread: What First?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #28
bobcat92
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12853
When we got our Montana we had a super glide installed in our 2002 F250 and it cost $1600. Looking at Tweetys the parts just to install the super glide to your truck is $1600 and it still requires cutting and drilling. We got a an F350 long bed last year and got just the regular hitch from Pullrite and it cost us $1080 from the local dealer. No install cost since it drops in the factory pucks which I did myself. Having the auto slide was good insurance I thought with the short box. Lots of folks on this forum will tell you they have the manual ones and don't use them. I think it really is how comfortable you are with backing a fifth wheel.

We had the same debate about the tires and my wife convinced me to swap out the tires to the G614s. I didn't want to spend the money but I am glad we did. Our dealership wouldn't budget on replacing the tires but you can probably sell your tires for $70/ea. The tire store we had install the G614s bought them off of us and said they would have no problem selling them for lighter trailers. After you read the stories of the folks on the MOC who had a blow out you will be glad you did it. A lot of folks believe that it won't happen to them but I think it is only a matter of time and you will join the Marabomb club. My father in law thought I was nuts for swapping new tire out but changed his mind when he saw a tire blow out on a Montana on the interstate by Bozeman MT. He said it was like a bomb ripped apart the side of the trailer. Seems like the typical repair cost is $3k to $5k and the time required to repair it.
bobcat92 is offline   Reply With Quote