View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #27
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Here it is, April 15th, and we're still skirted and looking out at the snow. Yes, I know it's mid-April, but we've had a pretty good blizzard all day, and even heavier snowfall is predicted for tonight. Both the track meet and tennis tournament at Beaverhead County High School (where I teach) were canceled, again, because of the weather. On the bright side, daytime temperatures are holding at 32 - 35, which is nice.

Wayne is flying out of Idaho Falls to Austin tomorrow, and because of deteriorating conditions on Monida Pass (on I-15 between Clark Canyon Reservoir and Idaho), he went on this afternoon just to be sure he could get to the airport for his flight. Monida Pass is famous--infamous is probably more accurate--for blowing snow and high winds, which close it regularly. It was still open at noon, so he took off then because steady winds between 45 - 55 mph were predicted for the pass by mid-afternoon. Add lots of fresh snow to those winds, and what you get is the PASS CLOSED signs.

Are we still loving winter camping in our new rig? You bet we are!!!! But, we can't wait to pull off the skirting and actually go camping in it rather than having it ice-bound on our land.

Maybe next week . . .

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote