View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 06:04 AM   #22
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
I hear all of you who haven't had anything taken and can only say I hope it never happens to you. We have been fortunate and have only had kayak paddles, a few CD’s and a camera taken BUT...I do know others not so fortunate.

I too, 30 years ago traveled with a friend to all 48 states with little more than a tent (not used much), sleeping bag, a cooking pot and guitar. Not once were we bothered that whole trip we slept on the benches at Hoover Dam and on the hood of our car in the Smokies and not once did any one bother us. Many times park Rangers would even tell us we could stay without paying. We even had a few meals from strangers in campgrounds in return for playing the guitar

Don't be fooled times have changed. I too keep the same deterrents as trukdoc, I too am a Vet and I too have paid for my FREEDOM and RIGHTS. All I can say to the criminal is that SHAME ON YOU if you run in to the likes of me or the trukdoc. I personally don’t take kindly to people messing with my stuff or my family. I put my stuff up and lock things to prevent potential conflict so I guess when you think about it that way I am protecting the bad guy in a round about way.

I still have fun camping and meeting other campers and RV’ers. We still go all over and have not changed that part of our travels at all. The part we have changed is to avoid potential problems by taking the correct actions on our part. My wife and I truly believe some of the most wonderful people we have met have been those we have met during our travels.

Now you have my 2 cents more. I hope I haven’t offended anyone.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote