View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #10
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RCMP03

Hello RV Friends!

We are canceling Directv in our home and going to a cable type bundle service (less cost). This will of course affect our Monty. The cable guy and Directv say 2 different things. I'm sure the cable guy wants our business and will say anything to get it.

Question: Can we have Directv or Dish service on demand for ONLY the few times we need it when going camping? If so, what is the name of the package and how much would it cost? I believe Dish has a "Dish Pause" service.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Sue
The Dish Pay as you go plan is for as little as $25 per month but to get any decent (IMO) programming you're going to pay about $50/month. Its a month by month service and you prepay for the month ahead. If you don't want to renew the next month just don't pay and it automatically goes dormant till you prepay for another month.

So - if you use it for lets say 2 months.. that's $100 or so. I have dish at home and instead have a separate receiver in the 5'vr for $7/month.

You need to factor how much you are saving by bundling vs how much you are going to pay with the month by month service to see if in the long run you will save.

Just go to the dish website (perhaps Direct TV has it too - I don't know) and look at the pay as you go programming to see what you will pay for what programming you want.

Then you can figure out how much - or if - you will save overall.
Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote