View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 06:01 PM   #26
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by LERD View Post
I have done multiple searches for this question, both on this site and the Keystone site and I'm still not sure of a definite answer. I do not have a Monty yet, but the DW and I like the 3120rl the best. The published weight is listed as 11999 lbs empty and a pin weight of 2350. That gives me a pin weight ratio of 19.6%. So my question is, when I am at full capacity of 16k (which may never happen as we will be longtimers not fulltimers) will that ratio still be the same or close? I know that it's not an exact measurement, but for those of you that have scaled your rig in full combat ready mode, has the ratio been the same as empty? I'm a Ford guy and the DW wants to keep the TV to a SRW. So I know that I wont be over on the GCWR with either the 6.7l or the 7.3l engine. I trying to find out my margin of error on the pin weight. Thanks for everyone's help and advise.
Our 5er is 16k gross and on our recent trip south , loaded up for FT-ing for the winter, I weighed it and it was 500 under and the pin was right on 20%. Course that put me 500 over on GCWR. I'm running an F350 psd SRW and was almost 300 over pin weight. If you go gas you may stay within limits as the lower engine weight will give you more payload, but you will still be very close.
I am currently shopping for a dually. I think you may want to consider that. That 3120 is a sweet floorplan but lots of storage that will just naturally get you close to the gross. I find storage space in a fifth wheel seems to have a magnetic affect on collecting stuff.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote