View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 06:36 PM   #17
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
FYI, MORryde now makes a heavier adapter plate for their pin boxes. On the Anderson site, it lists the compatibility of their hitches with certain pinboxes, and where needed they list the upgraded plates that are recommended including the above.

I still do believe there are advantages to this hitch, and I had nothing but good results with it.
Now, going to a much heavier 5th wheel than our past one (about 4000lbs heavier) I started asking more questions. And again, I am basing my decisions on having a brand new Montana with a 3 year warranty that I do not want to compromise.

As to whether there are risks of the "offset adapters" that hitches like the AUH and the Pullrite SuperLite use, I can see where that may be possible, but I also think the likelihood is low. I guess "use at your own risk", and YMMV, etc

Brad
I keep hearing this offset adapter thing, I suppose its because the adapter goes on the kingpin ,and offsets where the ball enters the adapter. I tow with a Ram 3500 short bed ,the shortest of the three. I run the adapter putting the front cap closer to the cab, so what that means is I am further back on my pin box where the ball of the Andersen enters the adapter then if I was towing with a standard hitch. Which means there is less leverage out on the pin box. So this offset thing for me is far from a factor. FYI ,but I have towed with the adapter the other way around on two different pin boxes , a Lippert ,and MORryde, not a problem.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote