View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 07:07 PM   #7
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
I've never been a fan of the AUH and not because of the National Park thing. I was shocked to hear the comments on the Virtual Rally today as well.

I had the previous generation of the 16k Goosebox on my old trailer with electric front jacks. The jacks were slow to lift and retract. They also had limited lift range to clear the ball in off-level situations. I told myself I wouldn't get one again. Fast forward...I saw the improvements to the new generation and ended up buying the 20k version last year. The hydraulic jack speed and range solved my issues with clearing the ball. I sold my B&W Companion to cover most of the costs, but now my bed consist of a gooseball and chain loops when unhooked. I ended up with a couple extra inches between the tailgate and front compartment as the Goosebox is a bit longer than the Mor-ryde pin box with the B&W Companion set to the rear setting. The ride quality is about the same or better once you get the pressure set in the air bag correctly.
Thanks jetskier; I appreciate the firsthand experience.
I am considering the goosebox for the reasons you've shared; I don't want to go back to the heavy traditional hitch that never seems to leave the box, and the goosebox seems to be the only alternative that Lippert approves.

Brad