View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 08:54 PM   #16
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
Dumb question here…does the transfer switch exist on all Montana’s? I have no idea if I have one or not. I have read about their failures so I suppose I should know if I have one and where the thing lives…just in case.
If you do not have gen prep or on board genset then you do not have an ATS. ATS is for switching between shore power and the on board generator if installed or ordered with available gen prep. You don't need one if you have a portable genny but you might find an application to have one for it like wanting to plug you portable genny into an shore plug at the front of your RV for example. Its an option, but with a portable most people will not need an ATS since the RV power is going to be coming from the generator through the same power cord as when when on the power pole. Your RV is not going to know the difference. I'd definitely get an EMS in either case. Keystones OEM ATS product is junk. The Mfr had discontinued that ATS without replacement when it happened to us.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote