View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 04:15 AM   #26
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

I am going to express an opinion here and I am sure other have similar one about their vehicles.

I am presently volunteering at a nonprofit research facility in Florida. Their vehicles had suffered from poor maintenance for quite some time on top of that the application is extremely sever.

I am maintaining or supervising the maintenance of Ford, GM and 2 Dodge light duty trucks. The Dodge truck are not used by the work crews at all and just happen to be on the place for parking only so I don’t have much to do with them.

However they do have 2 Silverado diesels 2005 and 2007 then there is my 2009 that has insurance on it that doesn’t run out until 203,000 miles that requires ASE mechanics to perform all maintenance.

The ford diesels range from the 6.9 (1985) to the 7.3 Power Stroke (1999).

None of these vehicles have been modified with extra equipment like turbo temp gages or computer chips. They don’t have excessive problems with them either. Most of their problems are the result of the major sever service applications.

However I find the Duramax to be the better power plant coupled with the Alison 6 speed transmission they have much more acceleration than the others. I have had very little problems with my truck and I don’t baby it. Slow timing a diesel is a good way to shorten its life.

Phil P
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote