View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #13
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
We live half an hour away from Ft DeSoto Park and have used it very often for the past 5 years. We were unhappy when they went up from $25 a night to $37.50 seeing that they don't have full hook up. The response I got was that they have the water...meaning the beaches, etc. We absolutely love it there and have had to be careful which site we go into because there are so many inconvenient "guard" trees at the front of the sites. Hard to get into many of them and we have to go into the pet area now. We loved the other loop where you could get a beautiful water site. They have the 3rd area for pop-ups, tents, and very very low profile RVs. Unfortunately the county residents have a whole month priority on reservations and they grab all the good sites. Also, they allow tents into the other 2 areas and don't confine them to the tent section. So, if I want to go in there with my RV and someone with a tent goes in first, I am out of luck. It is really unfair to confine pet owners to only one area, but allowing tents to go in any site they want. Thanks for the forum to complain about my favorite campground in the world!!! I love it there and feel that the price, guard trees and unfair policies won't deter me from going there whenever I can get in.
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote