View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 02:26 PM   #20
cgeis48
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9174
I have had various Montanas for 16 years using different models and features. A substantial loss in quality has occurred over the years. A Keystone customer service representative told me the same. I said, who would accept a new car that had this many troubles; her reply was, we are not regulated so the industry does not have to comply to any given standard like the automobile industry.
Some dealerships will allow me to spend a night or two on their lot, connected to their electricity. So, my rig is occupying a spot they typically use to stage new rigs for delivery. They prefer to have those slots open so my wife and I immediately put things away which means testing the drawers and the doors inside and out. Then we run the fireplace, the TVs, ACs, microwave, all the appliances and we test the slides and hydraulic levelers. If you can think of something to be tested we will test. I get onto the roof and look around underneath. Our first RV Park is chosen near the dealer so we can come right back for repairs - PLAN for that. They will come out and fix any item we find immediately, to help us go down the road. Then in the first season of use some things come loose going down the road. If I cannot do the repair I make an appointment immediately upon finding a problem. So when we return home I take the RV to the dealership to my preset appointment. Still it takes time because they have to order parts from the factory; it seems the factory has a terrible time shipping parts on a reasonable schedule-another flaw in their system. Dealers won't make a "warranty repair" unless the factory sends them the part. Dealers fear they will not be reimbursed if they install a 'like part' that they have in stock. Bottom line, the factory does NOT do a final inspection on your trailer; the dealer cleans your trailer but does NOT test or inspect your trailer, if they do please say so here so we can all use that dealership. Sad situation across the board.
cgeis48 is offline   Reply With Quote