View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 08:00 AM   #23
philiprmcgovern
Established Member

M.O.C. #17498
" get two batteries? If not, have them upgrade that. The new fridges take a lot of power. We got four golf cart batteries for ours."

Hey, Ron:

I owe you a couple of beers for mentioning the fact that the "residential" fridges eat a lot of amps. You prompted me to think about the unit we ordered and the fact that we intend to boondock and live off a solar system. Turns out, the new fridges can't use propane and draw a ton of amps at all times -- fine if you're hooked up but not so much if you're not. I seriously doubt that the 600 watt solar system I'm planning could keep up the the Samsung fridge that come on the unit we ordered.

I called my salesman today and asked about swapping out the new residential fridge for an older two-way type. He called the factory and was told that they could ship out a whole new RV with a two-way fridge that is, otherwise, identical in every detail to the one we fell in love with. It might delay our delivery date by a few days but, it should save us a ton of frustration and modifications down the road when we start dry camping. He also said the purchase price would stay the same.

Many thanks for setting me straight.

Phil
philiprmcgovern is offline   Reply With Quote