Thread: 3160
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 03:05 PM   #13
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Well after completing the R20 Reese hitch installation I actually went over to pick up our new unit. I left work a half hour early just to make sure I had plenty of time. I pulled in and thought I saw my unit hooked up to another truck :-) nope, not mine. He had bought his in Tacoma and had some warrantee work done here in Pasco. I let service know that I was there to pick it up and that I had talked with them earlier in the day to have it ready. A few minutes later they brought it out with a forklift and basically said here you go. I backed the truck up and then went to the jack control and of course I had no power. Double checked the isolation switch and still no power. Finally asked for some help and they assumed that I just was not doing the procedure properly. Long story short was the battery was dead and with the unit plugged into my truck they were trying to run the front landing gear. Then we lost all power and were still trying to figure out what was wrong. Finally I looked in the battery compartment and checked the fuse which had obviously burnt up because of the hydraulic pump try to run on low voltage. While all this was going on I noticed that there was a bad spot on the gelcoat on the dinette slide out. Took quite a while to convince staff there was a blemish. End of story is I finally was able to hitch up and head home. :-) Oh yeah I then found out the sales manager either quit or was removed last Friday. Tough to get help without him. I will see what happens with the blemish and their support.
The rest of the unit looked great and we are happy to have it home. My truck could deffinatly tell it was towing something.

Tom & Lynne Marty