Thread: 3160
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 05:50 PM   #10
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Well the unit came in on Monday the 13th. I drove over to the dealership after work but I only had about 10/15 minutes to check it out. This afternoon we went to the dealership and went through the PDI/ walk through and actually finished paying for the unit. This took longer than expected as they were training a new technician. He was trying very hard but still had a lot to learn. They did have another technician who was very experienced that was able to help the first guy. There was a lot of information to absorb and after about one and three quarters hours we had to leave for a Dr's appointment. A lot of that time was spent while they tried to get the AC on zone one to actually work. During some of this time we went back into the office to finish the paperwork. Forty five minutes later we were back at the dealership. This time with the older experienced tech. He went though all of the functions and even repeated them when necessary. This time the AC would work as they had removed the programmed times in the thermostat. Still seemed fairly complex compared to our home units which have an override button. Scary thing was having I think eight different remotes for the TV's, sound bar,radios and DVD players not to mention the fireplace. The auto level system worked great and all the slides seemed to operate as they should. The 5500 Marquis generator worked as it should. Still unhappy about the switch location being in the closet instead of with the rest of the switches. I did get some good information from another member in a different post about a wireless remote start that is available for the generator. The upstairs heated floor was not really even close to what is advertised in the brochure. The tech even went over how to get the slides back in if the hydraulics failed or the motor on the bedroom cable operated slide failed. I think he might have been surprised on how much information that I was asking for. He then really started going into great detail on everything.
Some real good news is that my wife liked the lighting and most of the decor in our new unit. She found the heated theater seats first thing. She still is not impressed with the window valances as they were not as nice as the ones in the High Country 2015 model. Those might be the first things to be replaced in it. After all this we were not able to take it home as my truck is at a repair shop as it was being worked on. Number two injector was throwing a code. Turned out to be an unhooked electrical connector. I can pick it up tomorrow and start putting my Reese Titan 20K hitch in. Bolt holes from my old hitch should work perfect. Unfortunately I removed and sold the old hitch when I bought the Custom Weld jet-boat and camper. Maybe we can still pick it up this weekend as we are going for a shakedown run next weekend. Happy trails to us and all of you. :-)

Tom & Lynne Marty
Tri-Cities Wa.