View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 09:52 AM   #21
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by trlrboy

I'm not looking to change anything. I was planning to run my fireplace (1500W heater) and a separate heater, also 1500W. I just wanted to know if I plug the second heater into a plug in the same area as the fireplace... will I blow a circuit?
If you plug into the same circuit that supplies voltage to the fireplace then you will for sure throw the breaker. 20amp breakers are the maximum used in the Montana for the 120V lines, two 1500 watt heaters would exceed that 20amps and would much more than exceed the circuit if the fireplace happened to be on a 15amp circuit and you plugged into an outlet on that same circuit.

As Bingo said the worst you could do is trip a breaker, if that happens move the heater to another circuit across the room or whatever.

There seems to be fairly differing ways in which the wise men at Keystone wired the circuits with respect to balancing the load.

You do have 50 amps on each of the two circuits supplying 120V, that was your original question, the message took some wrong turns but was well explained by BB_TX.

Hope we don't further confuse the issue and your questions have been addressed.

Keep the home fires burning and keep warm.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote