View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 03:58 AM   #5
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
I cannot speak to the problems associated with the quality of the newest Montana models, however the disturbing trend I see with posts on the MOC regarding them, is that "nothing" has changed, new owners are still experiencing the same problems as before, along with new ones.
It would seem to me that after several years those recurring issues have not been dealt with in any meaningful way by Keystone. Quality control has not improved and sticks up it's ugly head with each new years builds. Pretty Yes, Quality build absolutely not.

There is absolutely no question other manufacturers products are having the same issues, have they improved or is it just more of the same from them as well.

Jimmy my 2012 was only in a shop once, that was to perform a so called field repair due to frame flex. Have I tightened, fastened, adjusted and rebuilt many things myself, you bet your bottom dollar I have, poor workmanship and corner cutting were the reason. I did the work myself mainly because I know what gets done when I do it and I won't have to do it again.

Anyone who tells me as an owner of a Montana or SOB that they have had absolutely no problems should be selling lift tickets at a ski resort in Florida.

I would not remotely consider buying another Montana, and likely no other brand I could afford for that matter, I have this one whipped into shape with some mods and now that I seem to have the bedroom slide leak resolved I just would not want to go through all this again. Thanks but no thanks.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote