View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 07:52 AM   #25
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
mlh, The only reason "I fixed it myself" is because the Monty was under warranty I could not get the selling dealer nor keystone to admit or see that there was a problem. I finally got tired of the situations and just fixed it. the middle hinge on the water closet broke 3 times, while under warranty, the would replace the hinge but not fix the problem. The door jamb was bulged in the middle causing the door bind putting pressure on the hinge. I took the jamb apart and trimmed the wall board put everything back together and haven't had the problem since. 12 months and 33 days from delivery (12/22/2005) I came home from work only to find the Monty nose down in the snow. The front landing gear failed. The transmission bar that goes between the jacks split, buckled and fell off. I called Keystone the next day because the selling dealer was over 100 miles away and there was a keystone dealer 3 miles from my home. Keystone said that they would make arrangements to have the local dealer handle the problem. No one ever showed up. I waited a week called the local dealer and was told from them you didn't purchase the unit from us and we are too busy right now. I called Keystone back and told them what happened and they replied Your Montana is out of warranty, there is nothing else we can do for you. My graphics started to curl and fall off when the unit was 8 months old. I took it back to the selling dealer they took photos sent them to Keystone. They would not replace them. I tried 4 more times, sent photos and was denied. I was told by someone on this forum that I wasn't talking to the right person, they said to contact person XXX. So I did, explained my situation and was told that graphics replacement was on a case by case basis and to send photos so I did. Person XXX emailed me a few days later, didn't have the decency to call, and wrote saying, "I have noticed that you have requested new graphics for your 2005 Montana several times in the past and that your request has been denied. I am sorry to say that again your request has been denied. Your Montana is now 5 years out of warranty and we will not consider any future claims. Signed XXX

So, My experience with my Montana has been quite good but the selling dealer and the Keystone staff not so good.
gjetzen is offline   Reply With Quote