View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #17
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
Sorry to bump this up, but I have one last question. First though, I am happy to report that I have installed the new landing gear and it works fine. I must admit that the little bit of metal to metal overlap that the gear has with the frame of the camper was a bit disturbing! After looking at the other one though, it is indeed installed correctly. Hard to believe the whole nose is lifted by those few pieces of steel. Lippert was great at sending me all kinds of diagrams and nice to know information about the gear as well. If anyone needs anything, let me know. Thanks to all who offered advice and help.

I also was able to successfully ID my battery problem as a bad neg to ground battery connection (corroded), so my converter and all other electrics are just fine.

Also, based on Carl's suggestion above, I was able to disconnect the + wire for the manual switches and bypass the control module and confirm that all rocker switches now work. However, seeing as my electrical know-how is slim at best, I am not sure where to permanently connect the + wire. I know I don't want to connect directly to the battery, but I'm not sure where is best. Right now it is connected to the same side of the auto-reset 40A breaker where the power wire for the entire remote module comes from. It seems to a laymen that connecting a 12 ga wire to the same spot a much heavier gauge wire comes from tells me more current is coming through that breaker than I should be carrying with 12 ga wire. So does that heavy gauge wire carry more current into the module and then step it down before sending it out to the manual switches, slides, awning , etc? Or am I way off here? I have added to pics, one showing the power wire going into the module at top left, the other picture showing the module power wire coming from the auto reset breaker along with the green wire which is now the + wire for the manual switches. Is this OK? Thanks!

akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote