View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #11
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WaltBennett

I really don't want anyone to think this is political, but the real issue is that we've a very old and very over used highway and bridge infrastructure. I live near DC and it's not that bad around here - save for the worst traffic anywhere in the US. Funding for most US highways and the Interstate system comes from Capital hill, and it's not being paid attention to. What I'm saying has nothing to do with political lines. It's just the fact of highway and bridge life.
You are right on. America's infrastructure is in terrible shape and has not kept up with the population expansion. It's not just roads either. Water, sewage systems and electrical grids are all in various states of disrepair.

Getting back on topic, Michigan's roads have been sadly neglected for years, mostly due to the state's poor financial state, which was caused by the real estate bubble bursting. This past winter set records for both cold temps and snow, and was just the icing (pun not intended) on the cake. We are either going to have to bite the bullet and come up with funding for the roads, or everyone buy four wheel drives.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote