View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 06:10 AM   #13
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
My 2013 3400rl doesn't have the snap off rear vent cover. It is sealed to the body with RTV. Dang it. Adding bleach to the hose prior to filling is easy enough, assuming you have a funnel that has a spout small enough to fit inside the hose you are filling with. This is quite necessary as to not end up dumping bleach all over your shoes.

My biggest complaint about Keystone doing away with a gravity fill is not the adding of sanitizer, That's easy enough. It's the adding of water when you are somewhere like a National Park campground where you must tote water from a spigot somewhere in the campground. That's a pain. I forces you to spend money on some sort of transfer pump to get it into the Montana's tank. Decent transfer pumps aren't cheap, and there's no easy power supply over there. It's more stuff to carry in my rig that a $5.00 gravity fill port from the factory would have nullified. With a gravity fill port, I just set the water jug on my Little Giant ladder next to the port, and siphoned 5 gallons of water at a time into the tank. Whatever engineer thought this was a good idea has obviously never boondocked in an RV for longer than 1 full tank of water!
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote