View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 11:28 PM   #7
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
Maybe some dealers are "borrowing" the regulators from lot inventory rigs to replace failed ones on sold units that people have come back for repair of a bad regulator, and they get replaced with a cheap replacement that does not auto-switch propane tanks. ...I don't know, just a theory here.

I know that when I picked up my rig at the dealer, during the PDI we found a big scratch (that had a very poorly executed repair attempt) across the dining table, so they pulled one out of an inventory rig to replace it. I suspect that the scratched one was installed back in the other trailer, in hopes that the buyer of that unit wouldn't notice it.

If a dining table was replaced by, say a folding card table or some other rinky-dink table, it would certainly be noticed. ... but a cheap replacement regulator would in most cases be something that most buyers would not catch during a PDI.

Could be a reason for it,

...or maybe it's as simple as the production line occasionally run out of of the auto-switching regulators due to vendor supply problems, and they use more readily available ones, and keep on pumping the rigs out the end of the building.

Who the heck knows for sure?! It sure is a curious thing how some would have ones that do not switch tanks automatically, though.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote