View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 05:10 AM   #1
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
Landing gear help needed

Can anyone help me out here? Yesterday while retracting the gear, as it came up about halfway, I heard a sort of pop and the driver's side gear would no longer retract. I was able to push it back up by hand and secure it so we could tow home. Essentially it can be pushed up or down with my hand (it's hard but it can be done) without using the remote (can't use my rocker switch because it is non-functional too, different story). When I first got the rig I over-retracted and sheared the pin on the other side and fixed that. However, this was only halfway up so I know I didn't over-retract it. Any ideas? I need to take the gear off but am perplexed as how to disconnect it from the motor. If anyone can point me out to directions on how to disconnect the motor so I can remove the gear and inspect it/fix it would be greatly appreciated. Sitting on jackstands in my driveway is not how I want to "enjoy" my investment!

I need to get this fixed so I can start all of the other repairs before our trip in 3 weeks!

Thanks!!
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote