View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
White Elephant Gift Exchange and Raffle

Michael Brown and I will be the cordinators for the White Elephant Gift Exchange and the Annual MOC Fund Raiser Raffle.

The White Elephant Gift exchange will be on Saturday May 23rd.

What's a White Elephant Gift Exchange?

Well, I can tell you it's become the "Unofficial Game of the MOC" and it's lots of fun!!
We'll be having one directly after the Saturday Night BBQ Dinner event.

Each Montana should bring a wrapped gift
valued at $15-$20,
one gift per campsite.

It can be a lovely gift or something really fun and outrageous,
but let's make them useful in some way and valued at the suggested price.
Don't tell anyone what you brought.

We will put each campsite's user name in a can and will start by drawing out one name.

The first name pulled goes up and picks from all the wrapped gifts
and must open it immediately.

The second name pulled has the option to take away the gift the first person took,
or they can take a wrapped gift.
If they take a wrapped gift, they also must open it immediately.

If someone has a gift taken away from them,
they get to go back up and pick another wrapped gift and must open it immediately.

The third name pulled has the option to take away a gift from the folks ahead of them,
or they can pick a wrapped gift.

This goes on until every Montana has taken a gift.

It becomes quite hilarious to see what gifts folks have brought
and to see what gifts become "in demand" by everyone.

If you haven't ever participated in a White Elephant Gift Exchange, you are in for a treat.

The Raffle will be held after the breakfast on Sunday May 24th.
We will be selling raffle tickets every chance we get, so be prepared :-) The cost of the raffle tickets will be $5.00 each or an arm length for $20.00. Michael has the longest arms so hunt him down for the best deal on raffle tickets.

If anyone would like to donate anything new, used or just plain fun for the raffle it would be much appreciated.

What we do is sell raffle tickets and we will raffle off what ever prizes we have and some selected MOC Merchandise. All proceeds will go to help support the MOC forum.

Please let me know if you would like to donate a raffle prize by either PM or email.