View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 05:53 AM   #14
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801

Thanks, I noticed that, and I was wondering why the door holder was sailing in the wind in my rear view mirror. Will have to get some kind of a plastic snap hook to hild it back during travel maybe one of those that you use for mounting a metal rack in a closet.

The furnace is now located next to the water pump and all the piping so should not have a problem with freezing. The access is in the basement behind it's back wall. Just 4 screws and you are there. Also has a open vent across to the hot water tank on the other side. Looks like they changed the heat duct to a solid duct in the basement so it will not get crushed and then they ran the water lines back to the kitchen inside it. Good design.
Thanks again
Dick of Dick and Jackie Driver
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill Hill

rldriver,
Shari reminded me of one more thing about the 2980RL. They moved the furnace from under the kitchen counter (on the left as you walk in) to the right of the entry door. When the door is open it covers the furnace exhaust. We had our door latched open in Prescott while I was running in and out doing some work, and the heater came on and it singed the door. Keystone has recognized that this is a design fault and will send a new door with a longer latch to keep it away from the exhaust. Don't know how long yours is, but be aware.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote