View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 05:42 AM   #13
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Thanks for the posting, lets see if I can do this right and answer your questions.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill Hill

rldriver,
Congratulations! We got our 2980 last month, and were surprised by all the things that you mentioned. But I'm intrigued, we only found one hiding place (over the bedroom window), where's the other?
On ours the trim on the right side of the bedroom window hinges and there is a hidden compartment for your keys or those gold and diamond trinkets.

The sofa must be a recurring problem, ours was the same, but we had the dealer remount it before we left.

I think the problem is that it's high in the center so when the installers push it back it does not have room to hinge down. It I don't have to take it back to the dealer for other repairs I will just remove the screws and leave them out.

Found out the rear speakers don't work on music CDs, but work great on DVDs (watched "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" the other night, and it was just like in a theater).
I will have to give that a try but it's interesting that we get static when the radio is on.

The dealer is also going to buff out the countertop, but I suspect it will continue to get minor scratches as time goes by.
They say to use a light abrasive powder but will just have to keep an eye on it.

Tell me more about your dinette table, ours has the side-to-side ability to make it easier to enter, but no extension. Our biggest disappointment in the rig is that you can't get to the fridge with all the slides in, the table sticks out too far. I'm going to put in some kind of a rotation device to allow the table top to turn 90 deg. so we can get by.
The end of the table has about a 10" extension that is self storing under the end of the table. If push comes to shove you can set the HYD. valve to just open the one slide about a foot and then are able to get by.

We knew we were getting the micro/convect oven and the porcelain toilet, but were very surprised by the washer/dryer cabinet (no hookups)
I think you will find that the washer and dryer hook up is there but behind the panel in it's compartment. Check in the basement and you will see a drain line from that area and if you open the panel in the basement there is water lines for it. Also they added a 120VAC outlet in the closet for it.

and the extra TV (all came at no extra charge!), and by a KING size bed (72x80)instead of the queen.

Interesting ours is a queen (60" X 80") but just right for us short people.

You've already learned about the 2 gray water tanks and the hydraulic selection valves.
I whonder what the size of each tank is now. Same total capacity or more?

We also quickly figured out that to get the king bed, they had to shorten the water closet and that's why the accordian divider instead of the solid sectional one. Doesn't make any difference to us, just 2 ready-to-retire folks.

We looked and looked at different brands and different Montana floorplans, but kept coming back to the 2980RL. My wife loves it more each time we go out (3 trips already). The counter space allows both of us to use the counter and sink without being in each other's way.

We hope to make our first trip this weekend but don't want to take it out in the snow so will wait and check later in the week.

Anyway, congrats again on a terrific choice!

Thanks and the best of luck to you and yours.
Dick of Dick and Jackie Driver
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote