View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 03:27 PM   #8
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
rldriver,
Congratulations! We got our 2980 last month, and were surprised by all the things that you mentioned. But I'm intrigued, we only found one hiding place (over the bedroom window), where's the other? The sofa must be a recurring problem, ours was the same, but we had the dealer remount it before we left. Found out the rear speakers don't work on music CDs, but work great on DVDs (watched "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" the other night, and it was just like in a theater). The dealer is also going to buff out the countertop, but I suspect it will continue to get minor scratches as time goes by. Tell me more about your dinette table, ours has the side-to-side ability to make it easier to enter, but no extension. Our biggest disappointment in the rig is that you can't get to the fridge with all the slides in, the table sticks out too far. I'm going to put in some kind of a rotation device to allow the table top to turn 90 deg. so we can get by. We knew we were getting the micro/convect oven and the porcelain toilet, but were very surprised by the washer/dryer cabinet (no hookups) and the extra TV (all came at no extra charge!), and by a KING size bed (72x80)instead of the queen.

You've already learned about the 2 gray water tanks and the hydraulic selection valves. We also quickly figured out that to get the king bed, they had to shorten the water closet and that's why the accordian divider instead of the solid sectional one. Doesn't make any difference to us, just 2 ready-to-retire folks.

We looked and looked at different brands and different Montana floorplans, but kept coming back to the 2980RL. My wife loves it more each time we go out (3 trips already). The counter space allows both of us to use the counter and sink without being in each other's way.

Anyway, congrats again on a terrific choice!
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote