View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 05:18 PM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Congrats on getting your new Montana. It sounds like you are making great plans in your future.

My wife and I worked (almost) full time from our Montana last year from Northern Florida to Northern Michigan. (Both of us worked in Information Technology as software testers for web based financial institutions.) In January 2022 I retired, but she's got a little longer to continue working. Pretty much, almost all of this year too and we've been on the road almost full time for 2 years now (the only exception is, we still have our house)

It was absolutely essential we also had reliable internet service. And we battled that for several years, as we've had opportunity over the years to work from home (just not permanently). Our cell phone hot spots served very well on the road. We had unlimited data, but even with that, we were still throttled. (AT&T).

About 2 years ago, I stumbled into Visible because of a YouTube video I watched. (Truly cheap unlimited internet for your RV .... look it up). We've been using Visible now for about 2 years. We have been in some locations where service was non-existent, the AT&T worked well, and visa versa. (But if you ever go the the campground at Hanging Rock State Park in North Carolina, you have "zip" phone service from any provider in that campground!)

However, we just invested in a Weboost phone booster, and that thing is marvelous. Anyway ... That's how we do it.

As stated above.... those folks who have Starlink seem to be very satisfied with it too.

Those two are probably your best options.

Good luck! Again, Welcome to the forums!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote