View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 07:24 AM   #1
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Our first Monty is here!!! 2005 2980RL

We picked up our first Montana last Saturday and parked it in our back yard until we can get our things into it. We don’t have much to start as we went from tent to tent trailer to the 2980RL, 2005. Have found two minor problems in two days. The sofa is to close to the wall and will not open up, simple fix, and the two rear speakers do not work, you can hear static but no music. Changed the selector switch but did not fix the problem. We did not receive a manual on the furnace so am a little confused when reading the thermostat control information if there is a “heat strip” on the furnace. Looks like the new Granite impregnated composite countertop could be a problem with scratching, will just have to keep an eye on it. We will just have to make a list and have the dealer fix the items after a few trips.

Some of the things that we did not expect were a washer/dryer hookup, porcelain toilet, 2 televisions, a DVD/CD/MPC/?/AM/FM player that played through the surround sound. A slide out extension on the table. There are two hidden (secret ) storage spaces in the bedroom that are interesting. A big plus after reading some other threads is that there is hydraulic manifold with three small valves that will let you select which slide outs you want to move by shutting off the Hyd. Flow to one or two of the three slides. There is also a third waste tank, not sure what goes where but will learn real fast. I think the third thank is for the kitchen only. Microwave has a convection oven cycle that will be great. Sliding privacy doors have been exchanged with a sliding accordion screen. Not sure that this is a plus but will probably not be used as there will just be the two of us.

I am through rambling now,
Looks like we will be happy campers.

PS. My wife asked me to post a question to the MOC but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. How am I going to get out of this one?
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote