View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
print6800

M.O.C. #9754
Do any of you regret buying too big of a rig?

We are basically new to the RV world. We owned a popup and then a 16'TT, each for a couple of years, back about 15 years ago. Since then nothing until about two months ago. We then went crazy and bought a 2010, 3400RL and a 2010, F-350 PSD.

Due to the Michigan winters we won't be taking our first trip until March. The closer the March trip gets, the more I wonder if we bought too big of a rig. It seemed that everyone we talked to before buying our rig said, go big or you'll be buying bigger in a year or two. So we went what seems very BIG. We love the space and layout of 3400RL. However, we plan on moving around a great deal.
We probably won't spend more than two or three nights in any one place. This year only about two months of travel, next year more like four or five months.

After reading many of the online forums, I'm beginning to second guess myself on our decision to go so big. This is due to the amount of moving around we plan on doing. Dumb time to ask, but my question is this, do any of you regret buying too big of a rig? Has anyone downsized from a large rig?

BTW, Great forum!
print6800 is offline   Reply With Quote