View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Did anyone else notice their location? I recall a recent post where someone took a picture of a Monty parked in Japan somewhere and queried that this could be the farthest location from the Montana plant. Would Australia be farther? I don't know but with Japan being pretty much straight across the Pacific and Australia actually being much farther south, I wonder if theirs would be even farther.

Anyway, back to the topic, I always thought a boot was at the rear of a vehicle and the bonnet in the front with the engine, but in a Monty we call the area a basement because it's under the main living area like in a stickhouse. I guess the boot was be the "trunk" and like the original VW bug the boot was in front and the bonnet in back?

Okay, that's almost settled. I would guess that Monty sizes and floorplans will dictate what's left over for storage. It's not like you can fill them up since weight is the concern for any trailer (or caravan as they say "down under"; do they say the "States" are "up over"?) Isn't there also the slight chance that if the boot were smaller, this might mean there's more cabinet or storage inside the rig? I guess only a tape measure and a bunch of mathematics will confirm this. I'd never believe any marketing brochure and I don't think they include this measurement.

To Gary and Sheree (TheScotts). Welcome to the MOC. If you purchase the BigSky can we expect you at any of the MOC rallies, just curious?
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote