View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 03:24 AM   #1
nosticks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10378
A camping adventure

Just returned from a long weekend at one of Florida’s great State Parks. It was our first time at this park. Picking a camp site off of the Reserve America maps is an interesting crap shoot. Maps are anything but proportional.

The fun begins with the turn from the access road into the site. I was solo on arrival. Looked tight but doable. So I’m in and out of the truck countless times watching trees to the left of me, trees to the right, trees overhead, and brush all around, all the while the fasten seatbelt alarm is ever increasing in its aggressiveness to remind me to buckle up between leaps.

It’s a perfect site, no problem with privacy here. It takes me several forward and back up attempts to get in and clear all the trees, and this was a pull through site.

Ok, its 94 degrees, I am drenched and looking forward to the coldie when I’m finally settled. I’m in, still have to move around some to be able to level up the curb side and get all four slides and the awning out. Yes, this will work. Chocks in, landing gear down, tailgate open, unhitch. Level up, stabilizers out, slides out carefully to be sure I clear everything. Hook up? Duh, the power cord is exactly 3 feet too short.

I coined several multiple syllable hyphenated words to the English language that would please any student of a sailors vocabulary, as I reversed the entire procedure to move forward about 4 feet. I learned a lot from this. Note to Dave, disconnect the seatbelt alarm, you never leave the driveway without being buckled up anyway, consider buying a chain saw, some pull through sites are not. Oh, about that extension cord…..
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote