View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #12
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Wow, that sucks!

I'm now hearing stories that people have been seeing TV transporters towing potential customer trailers (Montana included) at up to 75 mph or higher to get them to the dealer for sale (if you drive fast enough these workers can get more jobs and pay - what do they care about other customer's products). In Keystone's case there are only two factories (one in Indiana and the other is in Oregon) and this means some of them are towed or transferred to dealerships with four-on-the-floor (not carried by a heavy duty transporter or by train).

These speeds are far too fast (speed rating is 65mph max) and I wonder if a trailer tire tread were to blow off like that is because when exceeding the speed rating of these tires this could be weakening them for unsuspecting customers.

I baby my Marathons a lot and check them very often. But I got my Marathons off a tire dealer's supply and they've never been driven over 65mph. Okay, maybe once or twice on a downhill the speed creeped up towards 70 mph, but I notice quickly and slow down. Now I'm approaching 5 years on the DOT code and I hope they make it that long.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote