Thread: NE in the fall
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 06:27 AM   #4
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
We generally plan on a New England trip and then possibly into Canada after Labor Day as the crowds before that day can be tough and traffic can be brutal especially along the coast. As far as reservations, have seldom had a problem after that magical September day. We seldom stop in MA or CT as we really love the Maine coast as well as New Hampshire's White Mountains. RI unfortunatel for us has been a 'pass through' state though stayed one night many years ago

We usually go to Maine and NH and getting there can be interesting and from your area, can be costly in tolls (I-90 in NY and MA). There are alternative routes but take you through many one stop light towns (US 20).

Getting to VT, NH and Manine can be easily done via I-87 (Adirondack Northway) taking a ferry or bridge across Lake Champlain (Exit 31 to Essex NY) to Burlington, VT (nice CGs in that area) then I-89/I-91 to I-95 in NH then north to Maine. We are doing a seasonal near that Exit 31 off I-87 in Westport and usually do our travels to NE from there,

Do some basic trip planning then ask us again for some follow up. This NE area is a pretty large area with mountains that can make your trave;s interesting. Do not use US 2 across VT as a connector road unless you feel the need to test the suspension on your TV and 5er and your good nature. We did that last year. Big mistake.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote