View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 04:22 PM   #10
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
I have a 2017 2500 Duramax that required re certification and added a heavy duty leaf spring to make it basically a 3500 now. Thats the main difference. Axles are the same, etc. I have a new sticker added to my door frame certifying the new load capacity. I bought my rig in Florida and the dealer had the upgrade set up with a local spring shop they use. I know they had to have some DOT certification and there are other regulations they have to follow but I don't know the details. I also upgraded my truck tires to carry the additional load. My OEM tires were marginal on the load, so I was far better off going to the next grade level and not have to worry about the tires. Not all spring shops even know how to re certify a pick up. Do some research for your area about it. Regardless of whether it is re certified, a good spring shop should be able to fix you up so you have plenty of payload capacity. Just explain what you need and they can give you options. The new springs and tires will add some hight to your rig. Something else to deal with in trying to get your rig to ride level. Hope this helps.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote