View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 06:35 PM   #20
Billhorn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22177
Renewed confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmf580 View Post
I have used Plasti-mend on two tanks. Follow the instructions and make sure the tank is dry. I used a shop vac blowing in the drain. There is a short working time with plastic mend (5-8 min.) Use disposable brushes. Three coats is recomend. My repair was 4 yrs ago, no leaks yet.
Plasti-mend ph # 800-821-1835.
Web: plasti-mend.com
I get my order of Plasti-mend tomorrow. I like your idea of using the shop vac blowing into the drain to make sure the inside of the crack is dry. I also have thought of running the shop vac sucking on the drain line with a rag shoved in the pipe around the shop vac hose to seal it off. I thought this would put a slight negative pressure in the tank that would tend to draw the Plasti-mend into the crack slightly. I have also noticed the support strap that holds up the main drain line is loose and isn't supporting the 6 foot pipe. Looks like it was left that way the last time somebody worked on something there. When any of the tanks get drained that pipe must get pretty heavy and it must put a strain on the tank if it isn't supported properly. Gonna fix that.
Billhorn is offline   Reply With Quote