View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 11:43 PM   #18
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Champ_49

And there was a truck stolen in Detroit, New York, Washington DC, Nashville TN, Mobile Ala, Miami Fl, etc. last night. You get the picture as it comes about. My problem, and I am under no uncertain terms undermining anything or anybody here as far as this topic. Its because we (including myself) want to go to the RGV for the warmth and the experience. But because it happened there it has been sensationalized to some extent by the media. Is there concern in the RGV of course, but there is also concern in other areas of the country that are not even brought up. You can put the club in the steering wheel, you can have a state of the art alarm system and all a set of thief's have to do is see you leave your truck and go into the afternoon matinée theater at the mall, and as soon as you are out of sight a wrecker pulls up with a flatbed and hooks on to your dually, winch it up there as people look on thinking you have had truck problems. And there yea go, its gone never to be seen again, and it would be in Mexico before the report to the police department showed up. Before anyone gets any ideas, no I didn't do this lol. This actually did happen in the RGV and this is exactly what the police told the victim.

I believe you have to use your common sense no matter where you are at. Chances are if you are careful you won't ever see a problem. But it doesn't eliminate that it can.

OK I have said my peace........good luck all in all your travels. Live and let live and be happy and most of all be as safe as possible.

Dave
It is easy to minimize or trivialize anything if you are not the victim. I don't think parking 8 spaces from the front door of a major merchant in a major mall at noon displays a lack of common sense. Ignoring vehicle theft statistics along the border is like ignoring an elephant in the room. Jim