View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 06:53 AM   #1
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Flexible plastic ribbon Cable carriers under slide

When we had our sagging super slide roof repaired this past week on our late 2006 3400RL I also had the dealer repair the flexible cracked ribbon cable carrier under the super slide. The dealer added about a 4" x 4" 1/4" rubber piece over the cracked area and attached one end to the normal bolts that hold the ribbon to the outer edge of the slide and then riveted the other end to the plastic ribbon. Kind of a band-aid fix but may hold up. I was told by dealer personnel that "They all break". If this is true then why isn't Montana calling these units in for a fix? Now that I am home again I sadly have discovered that the Entertainment Center slide ribbon is exhibiting the same problem, only worse. I must have been brain dead because I thought I had inspected this while we were at the dealer. Now another trip to a dealer will now be required. It just seems like an endless process to try and get all these factory/design defects repaired properly. I was hoping after 16 months that I was getting close to an end of this nonsense.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote