Thread: Ft. Hood
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 04:30 AM   #4
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
The more that comes out the more I think this dude had mental health issues but they were not caused by the military or PTSD. He was only in Iraq for 4 months and was a truck driver. But he was pushing for PTSD and then he even came up with the thing of a "self reported traumatic head injury"??? What ever that is. This PTSD is really getting out of hand. I live here at Ft Hood or just outside the gate, and you would not believe how many of these guys are getting disability for PTSD. If you walk thru a Walmart parking lot every other car is a DV plate. Now I am sure there are some of these guys that do have a problem but for most it is a meal ticket. But back to the story, I think he was just in the process of trying to get disability for it so that is why he was able to get a weapon, nothing was on record yet. Pain is if I go on post I have to open up all glove boxes and consoles while they at least look in and may even get spot searched, but these guys in uniform just show ID and breeze right thru, as they should be allowed. So it would be easy for him to get on post with it. At least this was not a terrorist act but was just another nut case who just happened to be in the army.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote