Thread: Replace Shades
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 02:55 PM   #14
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
The best solution is to get MCD Shades from MCD Innovation in McKinney, TX. There are a number of suppliers around the country who sell them. IMO the better alternative is to go straight to the plant. They have RV sites for you to use while they measure, manufacture and install them for you. Yes, they are more expensive than the cheap knock-offs Keystone uses, but worth it. Mine are now four years old and not a problem, ever.

Plus you can gorge yourself at Hutchins BBQ, one of the best in TX, while you are there.

Absolutely correct. We had an appointment last year for our traveling Montana to be completely replaced. When we bought the new to us rig for the mountains several of the shades were not operable so I swapped rigs and got the mountain Rv shades replaced. I will take the traveling Montana when we return to the US this spring.
Make the appointment, take the Rv and they will give you an estimate on Monday after they look at it and measure Monday morning. They promise your rig is ready be Friday afternoon. They have at least 5 Rv spaces with 50A service. I don’t remember any water or sewer connections. Call as early as possible for your appointment. Well worth the money. Pay for the installation as well. Good bang for the buck!
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote