View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 10:09 PM   #26
dbischops

M.O.C. #9122
Roadside Service

I normally dont get extended warranties, but we added our trailer to our progressive insurance policy and it only added a dollar or two a month.

We have had this trailer 11 years, when we first got it we pulled it from Texas to Colorado and had a blowout in New Mexico. Altough it took a long time, they ended up sending a tow truck from Trinidad Colorado that got us going again.

This was on the originally crappy Marathon ST tires. We ended up having a problem with another tire that didnt result in a blowout (yet), but since we were in a pinch we ended up buying more Marathon tires as that was the only thing they had.

Two years later another blowout in a remote area with significant damage, once again they helped us get back on the road, after which we got rid of the Marathon tires.

Anyway, what I am trying to get to is that these incidents would have been very costly. We tend to go to state parks or national parks and in order to get there travel a lot of areas not close to cities. Also trailer tires are not available everywhere, but they will pay to get it to you. It certainly is one plan I will get on any other trailer going forward.
dbischops is offline   Reply With Quote